- BMP Custom Tuned Bully Dog Powersports Gauge Tuner for Polaris General 1000 Models 2016-2018
- 2016-2018 Model Year only with 000350 ECU serial number will not work on 2019 model year General
- Huge performance gains in just a tune, a must-have first mod for your General
- 5-6 HP peak horsepower gains
- Huge horsepower gains in the mid-range
- Big gains in acceleration
- Optimizes fuel and timing tables for maximum performance on 91 octane
- Removes torque limiters and throttle limiters
- Locks the throttle-by-wire to be 1:1 with your pedal
- Speed Limit raised to 96 MPH
- Rev limit raised to 9000 RPM
- Data logging - record data to the unit's SD card for up to 20 minutes. Data can be played back and viewed using the Bully Dog software on your PC.
- For the RZR 1000 you can monitor: throttle %, barometric pressure, RPM, speed, battery voltage, coolant temp, intake temp, timing MAG, timing PTO, injection Mag, injection PTO, MAP sensor, engine load
- 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance tests
- Read and erase trouble codes
- Easy to install and to revert back to stock
- Serial number specific. This unit can only be used to tune on one machine to prevent theft.
- *Must run 91 octane minimum* Race fuel tunes available by special request
- Tune developed on our state of the art Superflow 902 dyno and rigorously tested in the field
- See the full description below for model specifics
- If mounting your GT for gauges, we suggest the Bully Dog GT Armor which helps keep dust and moisture out.
- Installation Instructions can be viewed HERE
- Download Bully Dog data logging software HERE
- View our Bully Dog GT tech section HERE
- Already have a Powersports GT and need to upgrade tunes? Click HERE
- Part #: ADBMBG-48100-GN1000
- Tuner base price includes just one tune. Additional tunes are $50 each.
- Select your model from the drop down below, then list your year and ECU serial number.
- Next, pick your tunes. You can pick any amount of tunes, in any order. Tunes can be sent to you via e-mail and loaded on the GT later on.
- **2017 General models currently will lose turf mode with our performance tune - the rear end stays locked at all times. We are working to integrate this into our performance tunes and will have this option available very soon.
General 1000 Tuning Info
The Bully Dog GT tuner and BMP tunes are the most lethal combination ever brought to the Ranger world! All of our tunes feature a locked throttle by wire along with a raised rev limiter, raised speed limiter, optimized timing curve, and optimized fuel curve. This unit can also do 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance tests to show your gains. Locking the TBW is a huge deal as the stock program limits your throttle position at various times as a sort of traction control. With our base program, you gain big acceleration, hold max RPM better, can rev higher, and go faster. The General 1000 timing curve is weak from the factory which one big reason for it being down on power compared to the XP 1000. We wake up this single throttle body monster and unleash the full potential. Peak numbers are not huge with this tune, but the low and mid-range gains are simply unreal! Just select the tune(s) that best matches your machine and modifications, and go ride!
From other places, the Bully Dog retails for $495 which is only good for gauges, code reading, and data logging. Our ECU tune for the stock ECU which only locks the throttle by wire, raises rev limit, and raises speed limit retails for $395. With this unit you get both plus an optimized fuel and timing curve for only $699.95! This is a must-have for any RZR 1000 from stock or modified. *Must run 91 octane minimum*
General 1000 Tunes Currently Available:
Level 1 - Stock or Slip-On (+5-6 HP Peak & huge low-to-mid range gains)
Level 2 - Full Exhaust (+9-10 HP peak, huge low-to-mid range gains)
Level 3 - Full Exhaust + Cams (Coming Soon)
Level 4 - Full Exhaust + AirXtreme Kit (+30 HP)
Level 5 - Full Exhaust + 1065 Big Bore (Stock Cams, Stock head) (Coming Soon)
Level 6 - Full Exhaust + 1065 Big Bore + Cams + Porting (Coming Soon)
Level 7 - Full Exhaust + AirXtreme Kit + 1065 Big Bore (Coming Soon)
Level 8 - Turbo **Base program only, must use auxiliary PCV or other to tune further**
Bikeman Performance Emissions Regulation Notice
*Once this performance tuner has been installed on your vehicle, the vehicle is considered “For Competition Use Only”
§1068.235 Exempting nonroad engines/equipment used solely for competition.
(b) If you modify any nonroad engines/equipment after they have been placed into service in the United States so they will be used solely for competition, they are exempt without request.
(c) If you modify any nonroad engines/equipment under paragraph (b) of this section, you must destroy the original emission labels. If you loan, lease, sell, or give any of these engines/equipment to someone else, you must tell the new owner (or operator, if applicable) in writing that they may be used only for competition.
Individuals engaging in performance enhancement and support must understand and comply with applicable Federal and State laws, including but not limited to compliance with US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions regulation. To use the competition exemption noted above:
Owners must destroy any existing emissions label installed by the manufacturer. If the emissions label is combined with other content, only the portion of the label related to emissions need be destroyed. This does not pertain to vehicles already exempted and labeled as competition-only vehicles from the factory
Owners of vehicles modified for competition must inform, in writing, any purchaser of the vehicle that it has been exempted from EPA regulations and therefore may be used only for competition.
By installing this performance tuner, you recognize that Bikeman Performance has informed you of certain obligations necessary for competition use of your vehicle.